Sunday, May 25, 2014

Interlude (Creed Orignal Vetiver Conclusion).

Hello all, just felt like writing a bit this morning since it's been near a month since my Creed Original Vetiver post (which I am actually wearing on my wrist right now). I will soon be reviewing a cologne which I received a generous sample of that lasted 3 wearings but for now I am waiting on the bottle to arrive so I can have an appropriate picture to provide with my review =). It is Dolce & Gabbana's Light Blue. For now though I will finish up from what I had previously started on my Original Vetiver by Creed.

For me, Original Vetiver has become an at-home/car ride scent and it is very very much a staple summertime scent. I honestly cannot imagine wearing or smelling this any other time of the year, it just would not smell right. To sum up the elaborate imagery from the last post, the only other things I have gathered are (keep an open mind here) humidity and spice. Take the smells from my last post and combine those heavy natural scents with a hot and humid summer day. That is the clearest way I can break down the image of, "it's as if the sun appeared and instantly vaporized the moisture from within the foliage and brought it out to hang in the air around you," which is a direct quote from my last post. The spice obviously comes from the vetiver leaf oil and ginger which are used in this scent. Vetiver scents themselves when used in cologne/perfume are generally taken from the root rather than the leaf and thus you get a much woodier result. What seems to happen in this bottle is the leaf tones down the spice/wood and brings a bit of green/fresh grass scent into play.

It simply is remarkable.

The two boys left early that morning. Being so young, it seemed to him that he lived in the heart of the Appalachian Mountains and this trip he was taking with his best friend only brought him closer to what he knew as his majestic home. The promise of morning dew on the fresh grass, mid-mountain with the old log cabin. He remembers the front porch that ran along the entire length of it, the garden that sat in front and the descent which gave way to the small opening in which they began their adventures. As the day passed on the dew would hang in the air, wild apples littered the ground and baked openly in the sun behind the cabin, fallen just a bit too far from the shade of that lone tree. Each time he passed under it, the moisture from the air seemed to hold the scent in place. He remembers the time spent sitting in the open sun next to his friend in what they called the hay-field. The thick green grass waving under the breeze and a clear blue sky spotted with the occasional white cloud. On one side the mountain would slowly tower, it's skin completely immersed in greenery and tall, lush trees...the other was simply horizon made mysterious by an unforgiving forest. Only hindered by where the two boys' two-wheeled machines would take them...never did he realize how much he would appreciate what was before him.

...that is what this scent does for me, and this is why I wear cologne.

No comments:

Post a Comment