Friday, May 2, 2014

Creed Original Vetiver Pt. 1

Hello everyone, please pardon my tardiness on this post but a few weeks ago when I announced that I would review this scent I did not foresee the complexity of what floated within it's beautiful glass bottle. (If you would like to see the full size image, simply click the picture below)

I would like to say that this may be a two or even three part posting for reasons that will be obvious as I go on. First of all let me start with the presentation and functionality of this bottle. It is on a standard of it's own. The atomizer (spray nozzle, pump and tiny straw) should be something that every high-end, complex scent should have, it truly is that brilliant. Just below the pump spring sits lodged a small ball-bearing and it seems to disperse the liquid into the spray nozzle itself in such a way that it wastes nothing. No drips and no raindrop style, large, wasteful sprays. It simply is something you have to see for yourself and I will provide a clip of it being sprayed onto my wrist. Bear with me while I do my best to explain what the smells inside this bottle do for me. Mind you it will be quite detailed. 

The way in which this scent interacts with my skin and different environments is nothing short of astonishing. I simply can't begin to properly describe yet what this cologne does as the hours pass and it settles into your pores. Original Vetiver does not invade you or anyone else's nose, instead it gently opens your olfactory senses for a trip into a multitude of settings, memories and visions. Never have I been witness to a scent that so consistently changes back and forth and then moves on to something else without so much as a warning to it's transition. As any cologne/perfume enthusiast should know, there is always a list of defined notes for each bottle of scent which can generally help a less experienced wearer make sense of what they are smelling on themselves or another and Creed's Original Vetiver is no different because they are extremely proud of their ingredients. I will list the official notes later on but for now I will give my first impressions as well as some family and friend's.

The initial gathered opinions of family and friends have been nothing short of positive. "Rich, fresh, powerful, bright, green, and full of class," in my fathers observation. My brother told me that he caught the scent of woods even and used the word presidential. A colleague and very dear friend from work said, "it seems soft and very personal." When I open the cap I immediately get what I can only describe as the probably the freshest, most green scent possible from a manufactured cologne. As the open air makes contact it's as if the sun appeared and instantly vaporized the moisture from within the foliage and brought it out to hang in the air around you. It is simply incredible the imagery that is provoked upon smelling it before it's even on my skin! It is an instant transport to a sunny field at the base of an old, worn mountaintop of very thick, untamed grass everywhere with spots of decaying blades worked within each patch. I want to point out that occasionally you'll hear people describing things such as wine in such a way that make no sense to the ordinary and because of this, it seems to give them the trait of a fantastically bloated ego or even that of a snob. However, I am here to bear witness that someone truly passionate can appreciate beautiful craftsmanship and complexity and I write this with the absolute unbiased opinion that Original Vetiver is deserving of such notoriety.

I honestly hope you enjoyed reading this first entry on what promises to be the most exciting cologne I've ever owned. Join me next time as I find a way to write a more discernible and comprehensive entry into this amazing piece of work.





No comments:

Post a Comment