Friday, July 18, 2014

Creed Aventus - My Critical Review



Hello readers and fragrance fans alike, thanks for joining me again. It's 5 AM and I've spent the past two days wearing Aventus both on my neck and wrists and it really has just been a pleasant experience from start to finish. Official notes are as follows

Top note: Finest blackcurrant, Italian bergamot, French apples and a burst of royal pineapple.
Middle note: Exquisite roses with a complement of dry birch, Moroccan jasmine plus a hint of patchouli.
Base note: Musk with a touch of oak moss for depth, then ambergris and a dab of vanilla.


A great thing about this fragrance is that it only took one evening for me to get used to. That is to say that I enjoyed it as if I had been smelling it for a long time. While I could not find every note in a single wearing, over time as always I found more and more coming to the surface. From the two decants I've had, it starts out with a seriously authentic pineapple note but the pure pineapple only lasts a few moments. Very quickly a smoky scent comes in that is quite dry, dark and harsh, which as stated in my previous review I attribute to the birch and blackcurrant. After about two hours on me there is a new sweetness though that gradually works it's way in. The scent of the french apples becomes clear and sits beside the pineapple while the blackcurrant continues it's harsh impression making for an overall fresh yet deep and dark fragrance. It is extremely masculine and evokes the feeling of strength. All of this promotes a feeling of energy within me as I catch it drifting around me for the first hour or two. At the ending stages, I detect an awesomely sweet ambergris mingles perfectly with my skin for a clean and natural scent and if the weather is warm, the vanilla is there too.

I have found that this fragrance must be applied while my skin is freshly washed and clean otherwise it turns into a terribly nasty smell...which is quite unusual for me. Another note is that while I have received compliments on this, they have been compliments from afar, point being that when my wife smells this she doesn't give me the wow factor that I was expecting from all the hype. It appears that this is a fragrance to be enjoyed from a distance rather than having your face right up in it. The strength in this fragrance is also quite surprising. On my skin it just goes and goes and...oh wait, yep it's going some more. I can apply it at 9pm and I will still get a compliment at 3-4am and the person won't exactly be, "all up in my business."

If you're into fragrances, give this a try...but do not blind buy because this one is risky business. As always I hope you have enjoyed reading my blog and I hope you join me again soon.

Thank you for reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment