Sunday, July 13, 2014

Creed Aventus - Power and Energy



Hello everyone and welcome to an entry that may rival my Original Vetiver and Terre d'Hermes posts. As stated in the title, this is the infamous Creed Aventus. Claimed by the company itself to be the most popular and sought after fragrance in the perfume house's current 254 year life span...and I can quickly begin to understand why. Before I say anything else, this fragrance has been reviewed over and over again, each with a different take on the scent and no two quite the same on overall results. With this fact in mind the first time I sampled it, I thought I knew what to expect as far as top notes go because usually those are quite similar on each person...although at times different notes come through at different times. Aventus shocked me and not in a good way either. It was right around noon and I had worked the previous night but did not shower after work so my skin was still quite dirty. I excitedly took my 3 milliliter decant out of it's packaging and applied two sprays to my wrist. It was god-awful. Dry and pungent, smoky and dirty in the worst way with no hint of fruit as the notes claim. It reminded me of the wooden floor smell of an old rollerskating rink. This was literally the most bizarre fragrance I had EVER smelled and was sincerely disappointed from the start. I continued to smell my wrist on and off for the next hour to the point of having a headache, so I took some medicine and went to bed and it was still so strong that it wafted up through the bedsheet. That night I woke up headache free and got in the shower. Over and over in my head I asked myself, "Take the chance...or go with Terre d'Hermes?" I made my mind up, one more try for the legend that is Aventus...bingo.

One spray inside each elbow and one on the back of my neck to play it safe with my previous headache and I can safely say that I was almost literally blown away. My olfactory senses were so bedazzled that my brain went into joyous overload. Surges of energy were flowing through me as I drank my coffee and smelled the bright, fresh pineapple float into my nose. Soon after it was joined with a dark, smoky smell that I can only attribute to the finest blackcurrant and dry birch combining with each other. Smoky, birch-like pineapple now mingling with rich french apples, another sensory overload in the best way. I got to work with a sensation I had never known. Was the scent actually fueling my adrenaline? Without question, I knew I smelled good...end of story. An hour passed, I'm on the floor stocking my freight, blood pumping causing the fragrance to gently project throughout my entire area. A group of younger folks come within 10 to 15 feet of me, one immediately looks up and points at me, "You smell GOOD! That is you, right?" An older woman at least 20 feet away in another direction looks to him and says, "Yes that's him, I smelled him when I came around the corner and it is amazing." I was blushing profusely and could only say, "thank you," a few times as they continued on their way. I was ecstatic.

Same night, new area which was a little more confined, still stocking freight on the main floor and now aware of how powerful this fragrance is. A group of girls and a middle-aged woman come through but say nothing which is the usual case. However, they wouldn't leave. Two of the ladies kept walking back and forth in front of me over and over again, never speaking to me yet hovering somewhat quietly. A literal 20 minutes went by and they were still there simply pretending to stare at the same shelves time after time. It was when I noticed the time and how much freight I had stocked that I began smiling to myself once again, having to stifle a few laughs. I left the area to take a break with my co-worker and came back to an empty area...almost thankfully.

Folks, I have never experienced a fragrance such as this one. It is quite simply the best personal experience I have ever had with a fragrance. The compliments themselves are nice but they will eventually stop and that is when it is up to you to decide whether it is worth it or not. This fragrance is. Each time I wear it I appreciate it for hours on end. It gives me a boost of energy throughout the night and it just feels good to know that I am wearing and smelling of something that feels as if it is of the highest caliber.

I will bring you a post with how the notes work with each other later on but I felt that this entry was a good start. You can at least imagine slightly now how this smells in the beginning and how powerful it is. I do hope you enjoyed as I know this was a longer post than usual. Please join me again for my critical review of this incredibly refined fragrance.

Thank you for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment