Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Polo Black - Come and Get Me



Hello and welcome back if you are indeed joining me again in reading about our world of smells. Tonight I've finally decided to write about Polo Black, a scent which has brought my ears and mouth more attention than my nose. I'll start by saying that this cologne is not the usual enigma of smells in which I need to spend hours with pulling apart every discernible detail in order to make sense of what I'm smelling. No, this is a nice blend of notes that on my skin project almost perfectly to those around me and I can safely say it has drawn a surprising amount of non-solicited verbal compliments.

                                                                   Top Notes 
                                        Iced mango, Spanish sage, "Green effervescent accord" 

Middle Notes 
Silver armoise, "Lush Liquid Accord". Hedione 

Base Notes 
Patchouli Noir, Sandalwood, Timberol, Tonka Bean (provided by basenotes.com) 


Now as far as all those notes go, I seriously doubt you'll ever smell all of them. In part because of it being blended well together so you can't single out every one of them but also in part because this cologne does not seem to evoke a sense of, "I must smell myself!" This is most certainly an attention grabber and holder and more than likely will be popular among certain types of men for years. I however am not one of those types. What I and others seem to smell though is the very first note of iced mango. It's a very strange sounding smell, I know, but once you've worn this enough times to be completely used to it, you smell the cold that's worked into that mango note. It's like taking your first step out of the door on a cold winter day and inhaling quite deeply...the cold sensation going from your nostrils to your throat is in that iced mango scent. Unfortunately I've not gotten much more out of this scent than that as far as smells go. As time goes on, the patchouli noir and tonka bean seem to calm the intensity down without destroying the projection. All in all, this is a perfect scent for attracting a woman who already knows you. It adds an air of mystery in my opinion and I completely endorse this is an occasional/long lasting fragrance.

P.S. The aftershave is a perfect compliment or even stand-alone in this line. The deodorant on the other hand, sucks. 

Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment