Thursday, June 12, 2014

Polo Double Black - Stylish and Smooth

Hello everyone and thanks for taking another moment from your day to read about what I believe to be the superior of the two fragrances from the Polo Black line. Take everything I said from my last post, except for the iced mango, and throw it to the wind because this fragrance, while it maintains the Black in it's name, does not resemble much of it's sibling. I'll list the notes early on here, although I still believe them to be quite irrelevant in the overall effect.
Top Notes
Mango, Pepper
Middle Notes
Roasted Coffee, Indonesian Nutmeg
Base Notes
Rich Woods, Cardamom, Juniper Berry

Now right off the bat I will say that again this smells like a well-blended fragrance that doesn't change much on my skin. Keyword there is much. Unlike it's little brother, Double Black actually has some complexity to it and it's not only worth noting for a review but also noticeable to the casual wearer (When I first started using it I had no mindset of reviewing any fragrance ever and considered myself a casual cologne user). Upon the initial hour or so of wearing it, I get the notes of mango, pepper and coffee...and it smells fantastic. It's strong, masculine and classy without being invasive. Like it's predecessor, Black, the mango note here feels icy and pronounced but the pepper and coffee quickly come in to balance out that icy sharpness with a warm and inviting, "come here and touch me," feeling. I have had a few compliments along the lines of, "sexy and subtle...I love it." As well as a few strangers simply telling me I smell good or ask what it was that I'm wearing. Again, like most of my fragrances, this one most certainly appeals to a female crowd older than myself which I am perfectly ok with.

Now on to the stage where it settles down and lingers on you for the rest of the day/night. The mango scent is pretty much gone at this point as well as the pepper. From here on out for me it's a mix of dark roast coffee beans, nutmeg and a nice tame woodsy scent. Not a dirty woods, more like that of fresh cut lumber that has a very deep and rich scent. At this stage, Polo Double Black is an absolute winner in my collection. My wife loves it, women elsewhere have never said anything bad about it and men alike appreciate it's rich coffee-like aroma. What's more is that this scent will last for a solid 8 hours on my skin.

Unfortunately when I smell this, a lot like regular Black, I do not have images or stories summoned into my imagination. To me this is just a great smelling fragrance that will please your partner and those around you and is sure to be a crowd pleaser for many years. As a final note, I also have the full sized matching bottle of aftershave and deodorant and all three go hand in hand. The quality really seems to be there in the entire line.

Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment