Thursday, June 19, 2014

Tommy Jeans

Hey fragrance fans, today I want to write about a fragrance that I've been familiar with since I was a child. My father got this probably 12-13 years ago during one of the first few summers we lived in North Carolina and it was a complete departure from what I was used to smelling on him. I was very used to the musky and more deep scents from his Polo aftershaves and small collection of others that I can't remember which I believe is why this stayed in my mind year after year. A fitting name for a fragrance in his collection too because he most certainly was a jean-wearing kind of man.

There is not much use in listing a makeup of official notes for this fragrance because it seems to be extremely linear (not in a bad way though). This is a pure and sour type of citrus directly on your skin which doesn't seem to sit quite right with me for an extended period of time. I think this might actually be the only cologne I've ever worn that I cannot wear for more than a few hours before washing off...which speaks for it's lasting power and projection. The ending drydown seems to be very strong on me and my nose just cannot take it. However, this is also one of the only colognes that I do not become anosmic to in the slightest (meaning that my nose does not ever get used to it) which again speaks for the power of the formula in a good way.

For the summer time, this scent is damn near perfect for those dry sunset evenings spent at a ballpark with your friends or when you want to host a small outdoor bar-b-q for your family and neighbors. An extremely pleasant scent that has enough power to get you noticed but not so powerful to make people keep their distance. The few times that I have worn this, I have received compliments on how nice or clean I smell. I really feel it does evoke the sense of warm, blue skies in the summertime with it's extremely bright and sour citrus notes.

Unfortunately this fragrance is no longer in production so if it sounds like something you may like, make sure you get it from a reputable source as I'm sure bottles are scarce and some may be fakes. I hope you've enjoyed another entry from me and please leave a comment below if there is a fragrance you'd like to see reviewed or if you have any questions about any of my previous reviews.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment